Women Outdoors offers a variety of resources for women who want to explore the outdoors. Explore this page for interesting things to read, resources for planning a Women Outdoors event, and links of interest to outdoor enthusiasts. Women Outdoors offers these links as a service to our members and visitors. Women Outdoors does not endorse any product or service.
Women Outdoors Members Only Resources
These resources are available in the Members Only section of our website. (Join Women Outdoors and login to access these resources.) Our sincere thanks to Jan Brown, longtime member of Women Outdoors, for compiling the incomparable Women Outdoors Bibliography, Condensed Bibliography and Index.
- Women Outdoors Bibliography [PDF] – Reviews of over 1000 current and classic books by women on adventure travel, wilderness and country living, and nature study. (169 pp.)
- Women Outdoors Magazine back issues
- Women Outdoors Regional Contact Handbook [PDF]
- Women Outdoors Regional Contact Handbook Appendices [PDF]
- Women Outdoors Bylaws [PDF]
- Assumption of Risk form [PDF]
Check Out Some of Our Member Resources
So you can see some of the benefits of joining Women Outdoors, we've made these resources available to everyone.
Women Outdoors Trip Resources
Back Issues of the Women Outdoors Magazine
Check out the Spring 2007 Issue and learn more about Leave No Trace, our trip to New Orleans and much more! Click on the magazine cover photo to open up a PDF of the entire magazine.
More issues are available in our Members Only section.
Websites of Interest
Clubs and Organizations
- Adventures in Good Company – Adventure travel for women of all ages.
- Adventures Through Kayaking – Sea kayaking outfitters in Port Angeles, Washington.
- Bakpack2outdoor - Connects women to the best deals on adventure travel.
- Bold Paths Adventure Travel* - Kayaking adventures, family travel and women's travel.
- Lux World Travel - Women's Vacations* - Spa and wellness, hiking, surfing, culture, yoga, adventure, & bonding.
- Step Outdoors - Overnight backpacking to multi-day adventures in Southwest Colorado and Northern New Mexico.
- True North Kayak Tours – Kayak tours of Vermont’s Lake Champlain.
- Wildside Adventures for Women – Affordable adventure vacations for women.
- Women Travel New Zealand – Adventures and tours for women in New Zealand.
- Women's Wilderness Institute - A nonprofit organization based in Boulder, CO, that offers wilderness experiences and outdoor adventures for women and teen girls in the Rocky Mountains and deserts of the Southwest.
* Owned and operated by a member of Women Outdoors.
Books, DVDs and other helpful information