Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
About this Event
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 6 attendees for this paddle
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet between kayaks
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the water, etc.
Paddle through a mature forest at eye level with fields of ferns, watching the deer, muskrats, blue herons and beavers. We will put in at the south end of Owasco Lake at the inlet and paddle upstream. It is a wide, deep channel with little current. We will return to the same place for the take out. Optionally, join us later for dinner at the Lake Side Grill and Bar (formerly the Cascade Grill).
Need to Rent? Canoe and kayak rentals are available at the South Shore Marina, 2810 Fire Lane 1, Moravia, NY 13118, 315-497-3006 ($12/hour or $24 for half day). Reserve your kayak by Thu or Fri to be sure of availability. (TBD: you may have some extra paddling if those with kayaks meet at the inlet.)
Bring plenty of water, bug repellent, sunscreen, life jacket, paddle, a band to secure your sunglasses, hat, water proof shoes, and a secured waterproof container for anything that can’t get wet. Dress in quick dry clothes (no cotton). Snacks, binoculars, and a camera are optional.
Note: Exact location, directions, and where to meet will be sent to attendees.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator