The Mid-Atlantic Region of Women Outdoors is going camping! We're heading to Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners, PA for a weekend of outdoor fun and friendship.
Folks can arrive anytime after 3:00 p.m. Friday to set up camp and hike around the park before dinner. To keep things simple, plan on bringing all of your own food for the weekend and any cooking gear you'll need. We'll eat together at one of the campsites and have a campfire both evenings.
Our hike for Saturday is TBD. Other activities campers can enjoy over the weekend are swimming, fishing and visiting the Appalachian Trail Museum.
Everyone must make their own campsite reservations through Reserve America or Pennsylvania State Parks. But before you do, register here first with Women Outdoors.
As soon as you complete your Women Outdoors registration, you will receive an automatic email with the exact location in the campground at Pine Grove Furnace State Park where the trip leaders will be camping so you can select a nearby campsite through Reserve America.
Campsites are going quickly so register right away with BOTH Women Outdoors (click on the REGISTER button on the left) AND Reserve America if you want to join us for the camping weekend.
Doggies are welcome to come on this camping trip. You must reserve one of the pet friendly campsites at the park.
The camping cost is $24/night (non-electric), $31/night (electric), $26/night (pet site, non-electric), $33 (pet site, electric) plus a $6.50 reservation fee. Each campsite can accommodate two tents and two vehicles if you want to double up and split the cost.
Not interested in camping? There are two other housing options about 1/2 mile away from the campground:
- Paymaster's House sleeps up to 6 people and has a kitchen and a bathroom and can be reserved for $107/night. Reserve the Paymaster's House on the same websites listed above.
- Appalachian Trail Hostel in the Ironmaster's Mansion offers dorm room bunk beds for $25/night (no meals) or $35/night (dinner and breakfast included). The hostel does not take reservations; it is first come, first served.
For more information about the Ironmaster's Mansion visit the Appalachian Trail Museum website and click on the Ironmaster's link.
This event is for Women Outdoors members only. If you'd like to attend, please join Women Outdoors right now by clicking on this Join Us link.
- Tent or RV or campervan
- Any camping/cooking supplies you'll need
- Food and drink for the weekend
- Warm layers of clothing (no cotton; bring wool or synthetic)
- Hat and gloves
- Hiking boots
- Hiking poles and binoculars (optional)
- Matches, fire starter. Bringing firewood into Pennsylvania is prohibited. Wood must be purchased locally.
- Trash bag (Pennsylvania state parks are trash free. You must carry out your trash and recyclables.)
The automatic confirmation email will contain just a few details for this camping trip including the campsites where the trip leaders will be camping. It will also give the numbers of the nearby campsites as well as the campsite numbers for the pet friendly sites. We will send out a follow-up email to everyone who has registered as we get closer to the trip.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this get-together.
- WO members and guests must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
RSVP and Cancellation – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
Be sure to copy down the address and trip leader contact information from the confirmation email to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
If you register but then are unable to attend, please cancel your registration. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances.
If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your confirmation email for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list.
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.