Join Stacy for a leisurely hike through old forest
This hike will be shorter and less steep than Saturday's, but we'll still maintain a leisurely pace. Distance is 1.4 miles. The preserve features many tall old trees. Trail starts by Enfield Creek and goes up to an overlook with a wide view over hills and valleys that could be full of fall colors. https://cnyhiking.com/StevensonForestPreserve.htm
We'll stop for lunch or a snack at the top.
To reach the preserve from Route 13 in Ithaca, head south about 3 miles and turn right onto Route 327 (Enfield Corners Road). Continue for 4.5 miles, passing both entrances to Treman park. Turn left on Trumbull Corners Road and look for preserve parking area on the right after about half a mile.
Please bring: MASK, snack/lunch, water, poles, good hiking shoes and proper clothing for the current weather conditions.
Bathrooms: are open in nearby Treman park, about 3 miles away, or at stores and fast-food places on Route 13 in Ithaca, about 4 miles farther.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 8 attendees
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator