Too cold and wet on Thursday so we're moving to Friday!
Join Stacy for this Earth Day tree walk
Large, old trees of at least 23 different kinds have labels for easy identification. Some are familiar species, others unusual in this area. Other markers provide info about rocks, lichens, and local Cortland history. We'll walk on paved paths through an open, hilly area, designed as a place to escape into nature in 1853 when cemeteries were like public parks.
If you would like your own copy of the walking tour map and guide, find it here:
Maximum of 12 participants.
Masks required (must be worn when 6 feet distance can't be maintained), physical distancing and CDC safety protocols.
Directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator