Join Stacy for this hike
We will start in the lower park, hike the Rim Trail up, and then return on the other side down Gorge Trail, which follows Buttermilk Creek as it cascades, dropping about 500 feet (150 m) along the trail. Total loop is 1.72 miles, with elevation gain of 460 feet. This hike may take 1 ½ to 2 hours.
What to Bring: Wear comfortable hiking shoes. Bring the usual: suntan lotion, bug spray, water, snack, a hat, hiking stick or poles if you use them.
Fee Entrance: $9 for each vehicle at the gate
Use these links for more information about the park:
Masks required (must be worn when 6 feet distance can't be maintained), physical distancing and CDC safety protocols.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register.
Interested in lunch prior to the hike? Let us know when you register.
Directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator