Join Sandy for this paddle in the Rochester area
This event is limited to 12 members
This is an excellent trip for those who have never kayaked and/or those who don't have a kayak to try out the sport. The paddle will be both on the creek and in small bays where we should expect to see some wildlife. Expect to be out on the water for approximately 2 hours. Along the way, we’ll pull over and stop somewhere to eat lunch. Be ready for a 10:30 am launch.
Put-In for those with kayaks and gear: We will meet at LaSalle’s Landing Park which is across from BayCreek Paddling Center on Empire Blvd. Come early enough to unload, park, and be able to launch by 10:25 am. Note: The launch spot at LaSalle’s Landing Park can be muddy.
Rentals: Kayaks are available for rent at BayCreek for $42 for two hours (or $25 for an hour, $34 for 1.5 hours). https://www.baycreek.com/rentals-shuttles.html
Plan on being at BayCreek between 10 - 10:15 if you are renting. We will meet you on the water at 10:30 at the BayCreek dock.
Bring: Your kayak, paddles, PFD/life jacket (unless you are renting) and a change of clothes. Also bring water, snack/lunch, hat, sunscreen and insect repellent. Wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet (quick dry clothes). Don't carry anything that can't get wet unless it is in a waterproof container. You might also want to bring a band to secure your glasses or sunglasses, binoculars, and a camera.
Be sure to always have a mask with you in case it is needed when we can't keep a distance.
Directions: Take 590N. Exit at Empire Blvd. Turn right. At the bottom of the hill you will see BayCreek Paddling Center on the right. The launch site at LaSalle’s Landing Park is across the road on the left.
Let us know if you are renting from BayCreek, and we’ll meet you at their dock.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this event.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator