Join Mary for this public event
Attention Finger Lakes NY Women Outdoors Members
Advance Notice Announcing: 16th Adirondack Boreal Birding Festival in Hamilton County NY
You must register on your own with the event sponsor on March 7 - see below for instructions
Find the schedule of events here: www.AdirondackBirds.com.
At the above site, find link to the 2022 Adirondack Birding Festival Schedule.
There you will find the various dates times and outings listed in locations in or near Hamilton County including Speculator, Lake Pleasant, Piseco, Long Lake, Tupper Lake, Newcomb, Indian Lake, Raquette Lake and Inlet.
Important: You must register for each outing by calling 518-548-3076 or 800-648-5239. Registration begins Monday March 7 at 10:00 AM.
Trips are free but they have limited spots available so call early to secure your spot as they fill quickly!
Events are lead by birding experts and Beginner birders are welcome.
The descriptions of outings list time, location, duration, where to meet, what to bring and what to expect in terms of distance traveled and terrain. Each of the outdoor trips require different equipment necessary for a pleasant birding adventure.
Suggested hiking equipment includes :
Binoculars, and/ or spotting scope, bird field guides, camera, sunscreen, bug repellent ( netting or bug shirt suggested), water, snacks and/or lunch, flashlight ( headlamp) and comfortable waterproof footwear suitable for hiking.
Remember - early June can be prime “Black fly season” so dress accordingly and bring insect repellent.
For those interested, after securing your reservation for your choice of event(s), register here to let us know you will be attending and which events. Mary will work with everyone going to coordinate meeting-up at, before or after an event, or possible car pooling or making arrangements for camping or lodging in the area.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator