Join Mary for an Impromptu Wildflower and Waterfall Walk
Weather for Monday calls for partly sunny and heading into the 70º's! Let's meet up at noon for a nature walk at Taughhannock Falls State Park. Taughannock Falls plunges 215 feet past rocky cliffs that tower nearly 400 feet above the gorge and is the tallest free-falling waterfall east of the Mississippi. With a drop of 215 feet (66 meters), it's 33 feet higher than Niagara Falls, but with a much smaller volume of water.
Gorge and rim trails offer spectacular views from above the falls and from below at the end of the gorge trail. We will be taking the Gorge Trail, an amazing flat 2 mile out-and-back hike to Taughannock Falls.
We will check out the wildflowers that bloom along the Gorge Trail. Flowers thrive there because deer rarely wander into the gorge.
Meet at the parking lot at beginning of the Gorge Trail promptly at noon.
Use this address for navigation: 1740 Taughannock Blvd, Trumansburg, NY 14886
At 12:15pm we will begin our walk to the falls. If you arrive past 12:15pm find us on the trail.
This event is restricted to vaccinated members.
Description The Gorge Trail is easy and flat : 2 miles total (1 mile out and 1 mile back)
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- Tick protection is advised
- Dress appropriately for the weather including proper footwear.
Well behaved dogs on leash are welcome.
Are you vaccinated? Please confirm that you are vaccinated when you register.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator