Join Shelly and Margaret for this Hike
This event is limited to 20 members.
We will be hiking the trails in Oatka Park, a Monroe County Park, located about 20 miles southwest of Rochester. Hiking time will be about 1.5 hours – 3 miles – but we can hike more if desired.
Description of Trails in Oatka Creek Park: Generally considered an easy route, there are diverse environments to hike: woods, meadows, or along the creek. Rated: C mostly easy, there are a couple brief spots where poles might be helpful. Also the trail along the creek has lots of roots to step over however we could take a parallel trail that does not have as many tree roots to step over.
Link to a PDF trail map of Oatka Creek Park, a Monroe County Park: https://www.monroecounty.gov/files/parks/Maps/OaktaCreekPark.pdf
There are two Joanna’s On the Spot available for those who do not want to “go” in the woods. Dogs are welcome.
Please dress for the weather; dressing in layers is encouraged.
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- water , boots as the trail tends to be muddy in spots (particularly in spring), poles (if desired), hat, sun screen, sun glasses, snack
- Optional: camera, binoculars
Address and Directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator