Join Stacy for wading with waterfalls
This walk starts out on a trail that passes a waterfall, but as we continue up the gorge, the trail gives out and we keep walking up the creek bed to stand under a larger waterfall. Ideal for a hot summer day.
The walk is not long or steep, but the creek bed may be slippery.
This location has lots of wildflowers in spring, so we might still see the leaves and berries of the same plants.
There is an alternative trail to the top of the waterfall, which some of us might choose to do afterwards as an additional hike. It is quite steep. If planning to do both, you might want to bring dry socks and regular hiking shoes to change into.
CNY Hiking: Great Gully
- Water shoes or tall boots.
- Hiking poles for traction.
- Water protection for cameras or anything that shouldn't get wet.
- Drinking water, snacks, and whatever else you need to be comfortable.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator