Women Outdoors Mid-Atlantic is going camping! We're heading to Pine Grove Furnace State Park in Gardners, PA for a weekend of outdoor fun and friendship.
Folks can arrive anytime after 3:00 p.m. Friday to set up camp and hike around the park before dinner. To keep things simple, we'll have a potluck dinner on Friday night and then all other meals are on your own. We'll eat dinner together and have a campfire both evenings at one of our campsites.
We'll hike on Saturday morning and possibly do a sunset hike on Saturday evening. Other activities campers can enjoy over the weekend are swimming (two lakes/two beaches), canoeing or kayaking (BYOBoat), fishing, biking and just relaxing and hanging out.
Campers can also visit the Appalachian Trail Museum - our very own Becky will be the docent there on Friday afternoon. On Saturday afternoon, the AT Museum is sponsoring a special program on HikaNation, a 14-month cross-country backpacking trip (Golden Gate Park in San Francisco to Cape Henlopen in Delaware) in 1980-81.
UPDATED INFORMATION as of 9/7/2022:
All of the campsites at Pine Grove Furnace State Park have been reserved, BUT, Women Outdoors Mid-Atlantic has reserved one extra campsite ($55.50 for the weekend). Click on the REGISTER button on the left to save this campsite. We'll ask you to reimburse us after you register. Unfortunately, pets are not allowed in the section of the park where we'll be camping.
If more folks want to come camping, we can double up on two of the sites that other members have already reserved but you must register first with Women Outdoors.
This event is for Women Outdoors members only. If you'd like to attend, please join Women Outdoors right now by clicking on this Join Us link.
- Tent or RV or campervan
- Any camping/cooking supplies you'll need
- Food and drink for the weekend
- Warm layers of clothing (no cotton; bring wool or synthetic)
- Hat and gloves
- Hiking boots
- Hiking poles and binoculars (optional)
- Matches, fire starter. Bringing firewood into Pennsylvania is prohibited. Wood must be purchased locally.
- Trash bag (Pennsylvania state parks are trash free. You must carry out your trash and recyclables.)
The automatic confirmation email will contain just a few details for this camping trip including the campsites where the trip leaders will be camping. It will also give the numbers of the nearby campsites as well as the campsite numbers for the pet friendly sites. We will send out a follow-up email to everyone who has registered as we get closer to the trip.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this get-together.
- WO members and guests must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
RSVP and Cancellation – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
Be sure to copy down the address and trip leader contact information from the confirmation email to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
If you register but then are unable to attend, please cancel your registration. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances.
If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your confirmation email for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list.
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.