Join Stacy in a cool gorge with waterfalls
The gorge trail is open all the way to the top for the first time in years, with a new metal bridge #7. Six older wooden bridges cross the stream as we ascend the gorge. We will hike to the top of the gorge trail, optionally take a shorter loop up to a small lake, and return by the south rim trail. Total distance is about 4 miles. Parts of the trail are steep and other parts may be muddy or wet. This is a beautiful park and we will take our time and enjoy the scenery.
There is an $8 per vehicle fee to enter state parks. It is possible to park nearby in the village and carpool a short distance to save on the entry fee.
Check your confirmation email for exact meeting location because we will not meet at the main pavilion.
Directions to the park: From I-81, take exit 12. Turn right onto 281 North, then left onto NYS Route 90 South. Go about 12 miles to a stop sign, turn right onto NYS Route 38 North, and the park will be on your right in about 3 miles, just before the village of Moravia.
- Sturdy footwear
- Hiking poles if you use them
- Water and snacks
- Clothing and gear for the weather and tick protection.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator