Car Camp with April at Lewey Lake Campground
5 nights - Sun night to Fri morning. Site 142 is along the outlet of the lake and is a water site. You are welcome to come for part of the week.
I will be bringing my large cabin tent with room for 3-4 women. You can share my tent, bring your own, or I can loan you a smaller tent. I have a variety of outdoor camping equipment I can loan or share.
Motor boats are allowed on Lewey Lake, but it is a small and shallow lake which means there typically aren't many motor boats on the water.
Lewey Lake Campground https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/24475.html
Activities will be planned by participants.
Meals will be your responsibility. We'll likely eat some together and some on our own.
Facilities and Recreational Opportunities: Hot showers, flush toilets, kayak rentals, hiking trails, biking, fishing, and swimming beach.
Nearby Attractions: The Adirondack Park Visitors Interpretive Center at Newcomb, New York off Route 28N, is 59 miles north of New York State Route 30 and 28. The Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake is located 27 miles north of New York Route 28 and 30, and features the history of the Adirondack Mountains and the Adirondack Park. The village of Indian Lake is 12 miles north on New York State Route 30, and offers restaurants and shopping. Golf courses are available in the villages of Indian Lake, Inlet and Lake Pleasant.
Payment of $35 will be made directly to the event host (April) and is due within 1 week of registration.
Additional information will be sent after you sign up.
COVID rules are evolving:
- This overnight event is for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process - https://www.womenoutdoors.org/covid-19
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator