CANCELLED: Join Shelly for this hike and lunch
This event is open to all members and their guests.
Hike 60-90 minutes in beautiful Genesee County Park and stop at the Rolling Hills Asylum (a spooky spot) to read the historical marker. We can stop in the Nature Center in the park. Bathrooms available there. Easy hike with a few ups and downs.
Hike will take place in all weather except for brutal downpours.
Meet at Shelly’s house in LeRoy for coffee at 11 a.m., then carpooling to the park! (Address will be provided upon registration.) Or meet us in the Nature Center at the West entrance to the park at noon. Admission is free.
After the hike, join us around the fireplace for authentic New Orleans red bean ‘n rice (not vegetarian) back at Shelly’s house. Bring a dish to share. A great event to introduce Women Outdoors. Invite a friend! (Send your guest the event link to register on her own.)
Dogs on leash are allowed at the park and at Shelly's home.
- Hiking boots or shoes
- Hiking poles if you use them.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- At the trip leader’s discretion, some events may be limited to vaccinated only, or limit the number of attendees.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees may be asked mask indoors (including in vehicles) and may want to maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator