We're heading to Codorus State Park in Hanover, PA for a weekend of outdoor adventure including hiking and boating.
We have lots of options for outdoor fun! There are several hiking trails in the park as well as Lake Marburg, a popular fishing and boating destination with 26 miles of shoreline.
You can bring your own boat or rent from AOS Marina on the lakeshore. In addition to kayaks and canoes, small fishing boats or even large pontoon boats are available to rent. Codorus State Park also has a designated mountain bike trail area and a disc-golf course.
UPDATE: As of May 11, there are no more pet friendly campsites available.
Doggies are welcome to come on this camping trip. You must reserve one of the designated pet friendly campsites (currently only available in loop C).
The camping cost is $24/night (non-electric), $31/night (electric), $26/night (pet site, non-electric), $33 (pet site, electric) plus a $6.50 reservation fee, plus $5 more per night for non-Pennsylvania residents.Register with Women Outdoors first by clicking on the registration button on the left.
As soon as you complete your Women Outdoors registration, you will receive an automatic email with the exact location where the trip leaders will be camping so you can select a nearby campsite through Reserve America or Pennsylvania State Parks. (See the campground map.)
IMPORTANT: Once you have a campsite reserved, please send an email to MidAtlantic@womenoutdoors.org and Becky@womenoutdoors.org to let us know which site you have.
This event is for Women Outdoors members only. If you would like to come on the camping trip and are not yet a member, please click on this Join Us link to become a member of Women Outdoors.
Everyone must agree to the Women Outdoors Assumption of Risk statement during the registration process.
The automatic confirmation email will contain just a few details for this camping trip including the campsites where the trip leaders will be camping. It will also give the numbers of the nearby campsites. We will send out a follow-up email to everyone who has registered as we get closer to the trip.
- Tent or campervan
- Any camping/cooking supplies you'll need
- Food and drink for the weekend
- Warm layers of clothing (no cotton; bring wool or synthetic)
- Hat and gloves
- Hiking boots
- Hiking poles and binoculars
- Kayak or canoe and PFD (required if boating)
- Matches, fire starter. Bringing firewood into Pennsylvania is prohibited. Firewood may be purchased from the Friends of Codorus State Park near the campground entrance.
- Trash bag (Pennsylvania state parks are trash free. You must carry out your trash and recyclables.)
RSVP and Cancellation – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
If you register but then are unable to attend, please cancel your registration with Women Outdoors.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list.
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.