Join Stacy for a winter walk or snowshoe
Beaver Lake's trails are mostly flat, and open year-round. If there's snow on the ground, which seems unlikely, then some trails are reserved for skiing or snowshoeing. Currently all trails are open for walking. I'd like to try the 3-mile Lake Loop trail. We'll adjust as needed for the ground conditions and group preference.
A winter trail map PDF is on the park's Trails page.
There is a $5 fee per vehicle to exit the park. No fee for veterans or active military with ID.
The center's rules allow snowshoeing if snow is at least 12" deep. If that becomes an option, snowshoes can be rented there for $5 an hour plus $2.50 per additional half hour, or we can bring our own.
Dogs are not allowed at the nature center.
- Recommended: water, boots, hat, gloves
- Optional: walking poles, micro spikes, snack, camera, binoculars
- A mask in case it might be needed.
Please dress for the weather; dressing in layers is encouraged and wear appropriate boots/shoes.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- At the trip leader’s discretion, some events may be limited to vaccinated only, or limit the number of attendees.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees may be asked mask indoors (including in vehicles) and may want to maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator