WOOF: Women Outdoors Online Funtimes
Join us for
"WOOF: Bucket List Adventures: Making Them Actually Happen with Bunny Kramer"
COMING TO YOU ON ZOOM
Dreaming of going to far-off places? Always wanted to take a trip of a lifetime? Not sure where to start? Join us on Zoom as Bunny Kramer shares with us her experiences with trip planning and preparation to some of the most iconic and awe-inspiring outdoor destinations in the world. Her presentation will include a Q&A segment so bring your questions. Perhaps her experience will inspire you to take that trip you have always dreamed of taking but didn’t quite know where to start.
Note: Zoom Meeting Details will be sent with your confirmation email
Even at 6 years old, Bunny traveled to far-off wild places, though for decades those travels were armchair adventures courtesy of Golden Book Encyclopedias and local libraries. Now in her late 60s, Bunny heads a supportive encouraging Facebook group “All Women, All Trails: Hiking and Backpacking” of 75,000 women hikers and backpackers, and hosts small groups of women on bucket-list adventures around the globe. Passionate about the value of outdoor adventure and creating community, the online connections and in-person group travel perfectly dovetail with her personal goals of getting women outside and moving safely for our physical and mental health. With thousands of miles under her boots, Bunny believes in the value of challenging ourselves, and doing the hard thing, even though halfway through she’s been known to ask herself what the heck was she thinking?!
There are more WOOF events coming up soon:
- Sunday April 2, 6pm: My Experience on "Alone" with Jessie Krebs
- Sunday April 30, 6pm: Survival Scenarios with Jessie Krebs
Dates to be determined:
- Curveballs: A sharing session for how trip leaders for Women Outdoors and Appalachian Mountain Club, among other outdoor outing organizations, deal with trip-leading issues
Do you have a WOOF session you'd like to lead, with our support and Zoom account? Say...
- A virtual yoga session
- A cooking segment
- A slideshow on your fabulous vacation
- A session on winter hiking or other outdoor skills
- A session with the author of a great outdoors book
Alternatively, do you have a presenter you'd like to suggest?
Please don't hesitate to contact the WOOF organizers at WOOF@womenoutdoors.org.
And please make sure to attend our WOOF sessions. We look forward to Zooming with you!
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the host and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend, especially if there is an attendee limit for this event! Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance or other circumstances.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator