Join Sandy and Marge for this hike along the shores of Lake Ontario in Durand Eastman Park
We will be hiking the Lakeshore bike trail at Durand Eastman Park. See the white trail on this map. This flat trail runs along Lake Ontario. The trail is pretty flat, and very accessible to parking. We will start at lot C, and then walk east for a lake view, before we enter some woods. Total distance to return to our starting point is about 3 miles.
Join us optionally after the hike for lunch at Don’s Original, open all year round, good parking, serve grilled items, and make and serve frozen custard all year long ! It is about a mile from the trail parking lot.
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Hiking boots, hiking poles if you use them.
- If still very cold, bring some micro spikes in case of ice.
- Recommended: binoculars, camera, water, hat.
on leash are allowed - as long as they are well behaved.
- We will meet at Parking Lot C, across from Eastman Lake. Look for the tall white sign.
- The bathrooms at the park are closed. Google earth is showing porta-potties at the parking lots, but they many not be there any longer. If you need to stop before arrival note that there are no fast food restaurants near-by. There is a Wegman's just off of 590 a couple of miles south at exit 11.
- Durand Eastman Park has a carry in-carry out rule, which means you must take all your garbage with you for disposal after leaving the park.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Addresses will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- At the trip leader’s discretion, some events may be limited to vaccinated only, or limit the number of attendees.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees may be asked mask indoors (including in vehicles) and may want to maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator