7/9/23 THIS TRIP IS NOW FULL.
Women's weekend paddle trip on the Connecticut River, flat-water with a gentle flow. We will be staying two nights at a river house on the Connecticut River, with lodging options either in the house or camping. More details to follow.
We will be paddling downriver, with some exploration of wetlands by boat. We will return to the river house at the end of each day, so you won't need to carry overnight gear in your boat.
You must be able to paddle long distances/long hours: Day 1 is 4 mi, Day 2 is 11 mi.
We'll need to know:
- If you need to rent a boat ($30 for the weekend, including transportation to the launch site)
- This trip is for kayaks and canoes only. What boat are you planning to paddle–length and model? (This is not a trip for a white-water kayak, a blow-up boat or any type of motorized boat.)
Costs to be determined: We will share the costs of the lodging and food with more info closer to the date of the trip.
This trip is limited to 12 Women Outdoors members in good standing. If we haven't already, we will be talking with you about your paddling experience before confirming your registration, to make sure this trip is a good fit.
We will be sending a registration link to those who qualify.
If we haven't vetted you already, please respond to this email and tell us:
1. What boat you're planning to paddle: length and model?
2. If you need to rent a boat?
3. When was your most recent paddling experience?
4. How far have you paddled in one trip?
Thanks for your interest. After we receive your response to this email, we'll vet your qualifications and boat. If you're approved, we'll send you a link to register and pay before the event.