Join Sandy M. for this flat water river paddle
Boats in the water at 12:15 pm.
Participants may bring their own equipment or rent equipment from Genesee Waterways Center (open at noon).
All paddlers will need to wear a personal flotation device.
If renting from Genesee Waterways Center, they will provide the kayak/canoe, paddle/oar and personal flotation device.
- A must: Your kayak, paddles, PFD/life jacket (unless you are renting), insect repellent, water, waterproof bag for phone.
- Recommended: binoculars, camera, lunch or snack, hat, sunscreen. Wear water shoes and clothes that can get wet (quick dry clothes). Don't carry anything that can't get wet unless it is in a waterproof container. You might also want to bring a band to secure your glasses or sunglasses and an extra set of clothes in case you get wet.
Fees if renting:
Note: you can purchase a gift card in advance online to use when picking up your rental https://www.geneseewaterways.org/kayaking-canoeing
- Single Kayak $25 for up to 3 hours
- Double Kayak $50 for up to 3 hours
- Canoe $50 for up to 3 hours
Launch Site: Genesee Waterways Center, 149 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14611
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
WO Trip Leaders can exercise discretion in terms of safety and preparedness for the events they lead, including requiring compliance with vaccine, testing, and/or masking requirements.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator