Join Val and Lynn for a Fall paddle
Boats in the water at 11 a.m.
Join us for a paddle on the Seneca-Cayuga Canal. We will launch at Oak Island, just west of lock 4 on the Seneca-Cayuga canal that flows from Seneca Lake to Cayuga Lake. We will paddle west, against the current, along the canal towards Seneca Lake. We may go all of the way to Seneca Lake if the group wants to, but can turn back at any time. It is 11 miles round trip and the group can split if only some want to turn back sooner.
We will stop for lunch along the way, either in the shade of the willows on the southern shore, or possibly pull out onto the Erie Canal walking/bicycle trail.
Address and Directions:
Meet at Oak Island, 1 Oak St., Waterloo, NY.
For those renting, you have three options:
- From the rental paddle south to the canal and wait for the group to catch up to you.
- Paddle to the canal and head east to meet up with the group, and then turn back west with the group.
- Transport the kayak the mile or so to Oak Island to put in with the others.
Rentals: Waterloo Harbor Canoe & Kayak Rentals
Trip length: 11:00 a.m. to approximately 3 pm, depending on when we turn around.
- Kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET, whistle
- Hat, water shoes, clothes that can get wet (quick dry is best)
- Water (required)
- Food and drink for lunch
- Recommended: insect repellent, suntan lotion, camera/phone in waterproof container, binoculars, band to secure your glasses or sunglasses
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
WO Trip Leaders can exercise discretion in terms of safety and preparedness for the events they lead, including requiring compliance with vaccine, testing, and/or masking requirements.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator