Here at Women Outdoors Mid-Atlantic we hope that one of your New Year's resolutions will be to nurture your nature and join us on some of our many adventures in 2023. We have a wonderful variety of activities planned for January through August.
If you're already a member of Women Outdoors, thank you! We wouldn't be here without you. If you're not yet a WO member, you're invited to attend two of our events to check things out. On your third event, we'll ask you to join us. You can also join right now by clicking on this Join Us link. (Some of our favorite events, like camping and our movie night, are open to WO members only. Just sayin'.)
Mark these dates on your calendar and stay tuned for more information.
- January 7 - Bald eagle watch at Conowingo Dam - Darlington, MD
- January 10 - Volunteer for mid-winter eagle survey at Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge - Cambridge, MD
- January 28 - Birding walk at Mason Neck Wildlife Refuge - Fairfax County, VA
- February 25 - Mid-winter potluck and movie night - location TBD. WO members only
- March 5 - Doggie walk at Downs Park - Pasadena, MD
- April 1 - April Fools Day bike ride - location TBD
- April 29 - Birding walk at Huntley Meadows Park - Fairfax County, VA
- May 19-21 - Camping trip with hiking and possible kayaking - location in Pennsylvania TBD. WO members only.
- June 3 - WO Mid-Atlantic's 14th anniversary celebration with a hike and picnic - location TBD.
- June 17 - Kayaking at Mason Neck - Fairfax County, VA
- July 15 - Kayaking at Tuckahoe State Park - Queen Anne, MD
- August 24-27 - Women Outdoors 43rd Annual National Gathering - near Albany, NY. WO members only.
See you in the outdoors.
Kathleen and Becky
Women Outdoors Mid-Atlantic
Nurture your nature