Attend this Public Event with Women Outdoors
An outdoor walking tour with guides from 3 museums. Purchase your ticket by calling Seward House at (315) 252-1283.
Harriet Tubman house, Seward House, and Cayuga museums have joined to offer this new tour that starts downtown and loops through Fort Hill cemetery and other landmarks, with guides to tell us the story of what we're seeing. They will use rear amplifier mikes so everyone can hear while maintaining social distancing. I'm told all 3 guides are great storytellers!
I have reserved 5 spaces for us but we can add more until it sells out (maximum of 10), so register here and ALSO BUY YOUR TICKET SOON BEFORE IT SELLS OUT by calling Seward House, (315) 252-1283, Tues-Sat 10am-5pm. Tell them you're with Stacy Pendell's group. RSVP here after you have secured your ticket, so we can know to expect you.
Cost is $20 for non museum members ($15 if you are a member). Walking time is 90 minutes.
Tour starts at the Auburn visitor center, 25 South Street (Route 34/38), a little north of Seward House. Nearby parking both at Seward House and in the municipal garage.
Tour groups are limited to 10 people. Everyone must wear a mask.
Bring: Umbrella or sunhat as needed, and good walking shoes.
I'm up for lunch afterward if anyone else is interested.
MORE INFO HERE: Architecture of Change Tours
If this date doesn't work for you, the same tour will be offered at 11am on five Saturdays. Seward House is also open for regular indoor and outdoor tours, including a special exhibit on the 100th anniversary of votes for women, but Harriet Tubman park is closed.
Stacy is leading this event.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 10 attendees
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the duration of this event
- If you feel unwell the day of the event, please call the museum to cancel and they will refund the cost of your ticket.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator