Attend this FREE Public Event with Women Outdoors
Friends of Mount Hope Cemetery and Pop-Up Historians present:
MADE IN ROCHESTER: Goods, Services, & Ideas from the Flower City
Enjoy a leisurely self-guided walk through the cemetery. Each historian is one of our experienced tour guides and will share brief stories and facts about the person buried at each grave site.
Visit the information tent located near the North Gate House opposite Robinson Drive for the location and times of Pop-Up Historians throughout the North end of the cemetery.
Please be respectful of others: Maintain six feet social/physical distancing and wear facial coverings when engaging with Pop-up Historians and information tent staff.
Please Note: The Gatehouse and therefore the restrooms will NOT be open. If you are traveling a distance and need a restroom, there are many establishments such as Starbucks on Mt. Hope Avenue. There is also a public restroom located in Highland Park just to the right side of a playground; here are the coordinates for that public restroom: 43°07'45.7"N 77°36'28.4"W
The program is free and open to the public. There is ample free parking inside the cemetery, just pull in and pull over so traffic can pass.
Margaret is leading this event.
We will meet and walk as a group. Afterwards, there's a possibility of having lunch together, depending on the weather. RSVP to vote for the location of where we will meet for lunch.
You will also receive instructions for the exact meeting spot for this event in your confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited to 10 attendees
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator