Join Margaret for this hike
Turning Point Park Trail is a 3.7 mile, generally level, out and back trail located in Rochester, New York that features a lake and is rated as moderate. Higher traffic in summer months and warm weather. The trail goes through wooded areas, over a boardwalk built over water, then more wooded areas. We’ll look for signs of spring: flora sprouting and birds migrating. If we want after the hike, we can drive up to Lake Ontario and walk out on the pier or we can go to the Hidden Sidewalk and take a brief walk there along Lake Ontario.
This is a generally an easy, level trail; it passes through wooded areas and then along a boardwalk build over water then back into a wooded area. We’ll move at a pace comfortable for everyone. This is an out and back hike so we’ll turn back when folks are ready.
Note: There is no restroom available.
Maximum of 10 participants.
Masks required (must be worn when 6 feet distance can't be maintained), physical distancing and CDC safety protocols.
Dress for weather (keep in mind it could be cooler or warmer near Lake Ontario), bring water, bring a hat, may want boots – parts of trail could be muddy this time of year, sunglasses, walking poles.
Optional: snack, binoculars, camera
Directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator