Join Stacy for this special birding event
Due to the interest in this event, we have scheduled a second tour for the afternoon, 1-3 pm.
Enjoy a unique bird watching tour of the 50,000-acre Montezuma Wetlands Complex! Tours are led by National Audubon Society staff and include binoculars and bird guides.
You will follow behind the Audubon van in your own vehicle to Montezuma’s marshes, forests, and grasslands to explore several birding hotspots and the abundant wildlife as they go about their activities. Participants will receive a conference call phone number to hear the Audubon educator narrate the tour and ask questions between stops. Guests are welcome to get out of their vehicles at each stop (facial coverings required and physical distancing guidelines must be followed).
Cost $10 for members (Women Outdoors is covering $5 of the cost)
Please note, the Montezuma Audubon Center is located at 2295 State Route 89, Savannah, NY 13146, which is NOT the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Seneca Falls.
Maximum of 10 participants.
Masks required (must be worn when exiting your vehicle during the tour and 6 feet distance can't be maintained), physical distancing and CDC safety protocols.
Bring: water, binoculars clothing and gear as needed for the weather.
Optional: snack, camera
Meeting phone numbers will be sent before the event.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator