Join Stacy and Sandy for our first post-COVID Planning Meeting!
Have you ever wondered where all of our fabulous events come from? We rely on a committed and talented group of our members who volunteer to lead. In addition to just a shout out of "Hey, I want to lead this", we have traditionally held planning meetings 3 or 4 times a year. We would get together at a member's home, public park, library, or other meeting space to learn about Women Outdoors, meet members (and potential new members), and plan our events/outings for the next 3 to 4 months. And of course, there is always good food and lots of fun. All of you are welcome, especially for this, our first planning meeting since January, 2020.
We have an expanded agenda:
- For our newer members, we'll have a short introduction to this organization called Women Outdoors, that you've joined.
- Get to know new members, and reconnect with old friends.
- Now that we are getting more fully back out in the outdoors, let's discuss the new rules that we would want to see for Women Outdoors and the Finger Lakes region.
- Review our region finances.
- Discuss ideas for a Finger Lakes memorial for our dear-departed Anna DeSousa.
- Plan some wonderful summer events for our region.
We then get reward ourselves with lunch. We will be providing hamburgers and hot-dogs (including plant-based) for the grill. Please bring a dish to share. We'll also have water and sparkling flavored water. If you'd like something else to drink, please bring your own.
And for those interested, we invite you to tour Sage-Thyme Gardens, at the private home of Sandy and Pat. You will walk among perennial beds, a rock garden, and an extensive herb garden.
- A side dish or dessert to pass and optionally something else to grill if you don’t want what we'll be grilling (see registration).
- Your trip ideas, calendar, and appetite.
- A mask - as it may be needed outside, and we request that you wear one when entering our house.
- Recommended: an insect repellent that works on ticks, suntan lotion, hat.
- Optional: camera, something else to drink, lawn chair.
We have a large collection of chairs, but we might not have enough. We'll let you know before the event if we need more chairs.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Know what you'd like to bring? Let us know when you register.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited - but we've expanded the limit for this meeting
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance, unless we are able to remove that restriction.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator