Attend this Public Event with Women Outdoors
Rangers from the Harriet Tubman National Historical Park offer a 2-mile, 2-hour tour through downtown Auburn, including Tubman's grave in Fort Hill cemetery and her church which is being restored. The tour includes lots of interesting info about Tubman and her times. The tour does NOT include the Harriet Tubman home a short drive away, but a self-guided visit there can be an option afterwards.
This tour is free and the park service does not require pre-registration.
Note: If you’ve been on an Auburn history tour before, this new one will be similar but more focused on Tubman.
Tour starts at the Auburn visitor center, a little north of the Seward House Museum. Nearby parking in the municipal garage or on the streets.
- A mask - to wear when in close proximity to others.
- Water, good walking shoes, and whatever the weather requires such as an umbrella.
Lunch afterward: A block north on Genesee Street, Cafe 108 (an Auburn Public Theatre fundraiser with excellent sandwiches and coffee) and Mesa Grande Taqueria share an alleyway with outdoor tables if the weather permits; each member can choose either restaurant and we can all sit together. If weather does not permit, both places also have indoor seating.
(If this date doesn't work for you, the same tour is offered at 10am every Friday and Saturday in October.)
Stacy is leading this event.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this meeting.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted these updated rules for all events.
- We encourage all of our members to get one of the COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance limits and vaccine requirements may differ for each event. Please read the restrictions in the event description.
- We will ask if you have been vaccinated. This information will help us determine rules for a particular event.
- Physical Distancing and Masks: If all attendees agree, the group may elect to dispense with keeping a 6 feet distance and wearing a mask.
- Indoor events are restricted to public events, and we will follow the rules of the hosting organization.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.