Join us for this Guided Hike: Fall Migratory Birds
This event, at the Montezuma Audubon Center, is a public program funded by the New York State Canal Corporation. I have reserved for us all 20 spots on Dec. 4 @ 1 pm. If we don't fill up the spots, then we will be sharing our tour with other members of the public.
Join us for a leisurely 1-mile walk around the marshes, among the grasslands, and through the forest of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex while learning about the many birds and other wildlife that live here as well as how the habitats are managed. Autumn is a great time to see migratory waterfowl, songbirds, and birds of prey as they rest and feed in preparation for the winter months.
Please note, the Montezuma Audubon Center is located at 2295 State Route 89, Savannah, NY 13146, which is NOT the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge in Seneca Falls.
Maximum of 20 participants.
Binoculars and bird guides will be provided.
Masks are required while inside the Montezuma Audubon Center.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this hike.
Bring: water, clothing and gear as needed for the weather.
Optional: snack, camera, your own binoculars, hiking boots
Until further notice, to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have adopted the following rules for all events. Read more at COVID-19.
- Events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance is limited
- Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with keeping 6 feet distance
- Masks must be worn for the meet and greet portion, but may be removed on the trail, water, etc. at the discretion of the trip leader, as long as you are 6 feet apart.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator