Join us at our Spring/Summer Planning Meeting!
Planning meetings are back! For our new members, planning meetings are always a great way to learn more about Women Outdoors, help us plan our events/outings for the next 3 to 4 months, meet your fellow members, and to have some fun. And of course, there's always lots of good food.
As always, if you can’t come but have ideas to share, please send your ideas ahead and we’ll share them at the meeting.
This event is restricted to 20 vaccinated members.
For this meeting, we will be back in the community conference room at the centrally located LNB Bank in Seneca Falls. We’ll have available to us a microwave and frig, and teleconferencing tools. We’ll provide chicken for lunch, but please bring a side-dish, appetizer, or dessert to share.
Our Agenda:11:00 am - Planning Meeting
- Get to know you - new members and old.
- Review our current region COVID rules.
- Plan some wonderful spring and summer events for our region.
- Don't forget to bring your calendar and ideas for the next 3-4 months.
12:15 pm - Lunch
- We will provide rotisserie chicken.
- Please bring a a side dish, appetizer, or dessert to share. See more in the Bring section.
- We'll provide water and sparkling flavored water. If you'd like something else to drink, please bring your own.
1:00 pm - Our Second Skills Building Workshop
- Mary will share some tips for tick prevention
1:30 pm - Hike at Montezuma's Esker Brook trail
- Esker Brook Nature Trail provides a nice loop through woods, along a stream, around a pond, and up the glacially formed ridge and back through the woods (1.5 miles for one loop, but there are 4 miles of trails to extend the walk for those who choose to do so). The terrain is easy to moderate with some ups and downs. If we decide to go to the South Spring Pool, there is a section with a steep, but wide trail. The trail surfaces are mostly natural.
- More info with map at http://www.cnyhiking.com/EskerBrookNatureTrails.htm
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- A side dish, appetizer, or dessert to pass. Please include a card with primary ingredients, especially if gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, sodium, nuts, etc. Know what you'd like to bring? Let us know when you register.
- Your trip ideas, calendar, and appetite.
- For the hike, optionally bring binoculars for birding, hiking poles. Dress appropriately for the weather.
Are you vaccinated? This indoor event is restricted to vaccinated participants. Please confirm that you are vaccinated when you register.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
Detailed Directions will be sent prior to the meeting.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Attendance may be limited
- Masks and Physical Distancing: all attendees will comply with mask wearing and keeping 6 feet distance, unless we are able to remove that restriction.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator