Happy 13th Anniversary, Mid-Atlantic Region!
Hard to believe, but we're now officially a tween! Founded in June 2009, the Mid-Atlantic Region of Women Outdoors is now 13.
Join us as we celebrate our 13th anniversary of outdoor fun and friendship at Seneca Creek State Park in Gaithersburg, MD on Saturday, June 4.
Our region will lead a hike that morning, but other activities you can do on your own or with a friend include biking and boating.
Hike - Join us at 10:00 a.m. for a 3.7-mile group hike around Clopper Lake. Of course if you just want to come for the picnic and skip the hike, that's fine, too.
Bike - Bring your road bike and cruise around the park or your mountain bike and check out the trails in the Schaeffer Farm area.
Boat - Canoes, kayaks, rowboats and paddle boats are all available to rent at the Seneca Creek Boat Center. You can also bring your own boat and launch it at the Boat Center.We’ve reserved a picnic pavilion for the entire day. After the hike, we'll fire up the grill for burgers and hot dogs.
BYOburger, hot dog, not dog, veggie burger or grillable item of your choice as well as a side dish or dessert to share. We'll provide watermelon for everyone. Also bring your own mess kit, utensils and trash bag to carry out your trash and recyclables.
This activity is free (except for park entry fee) and open to members and non-members of Women Outdoors. Non-members are welcome to attend two WO events as guests. On your third event, we'll ask you to join the Mid-Atlantic Region of Women Outdoors. You can also join right now by clicking on this Join Us link.
Specific meeting location. Your automatic confirmation email will provide the exact location where we will meet for the event. (Scroll all the way to the bottom of the email.) Please respect the trip leaders and other members and arrive on time.
- Cash for entry fee: $3/person for MD residents; $5/person all other states
- Snacks and water for the hike
- Hat, sun block, insect repellent
- Something to grill for your lunch
- Side dish or dessert to share with everyone (as well as serving utensil)
- Water or other non-alcoholic beverage (we don't have an alcohol permit)
- Mess kit or your own plate(s), bowl, napkin and utensils
- Trash bag - Seneca Creek State Park is trash free. Everyone must take their trash and recycling home with them.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know when you register. Based on that response, we can tailor appropriate CDC safety protocols for this get-together.
- WO members and guests must agree to our COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
RSVP and Cancellation – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
Be sure to copy down the address and trip leader contact information from the confirmation email to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
If you register but then are unable to attend, please cancel your registration. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances.
If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your confirmation email for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list.
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator.