Join Judy and Lynn for this paddle with birds, a lighthouse, and a market
Launching kayaks at 11 a.m.
We will paddle the Cayuga Lake Inlet and Fall Creek. Meet at Stewart Park, Ithaca. https://www.visitithaca.com/attractions/stewart-park (Routes 13 and 34). No park entry fee.
Rentals are available through Paddle-N-More https://paddlenmore.com . Please book ahead, if you are planning to rent.
The first part of the paddle will be from Stewart Park a short ways up Fall Creek to glimpse birds. The second part of the paddle will take us out to “Lighthouse Point” at the southern end of Cayuga Lake and down the Cayuga Lake Inlet. Two public areas along the paddle will make great picnic spots so bring a lunch.
We also paddle by the Ithaca Farmers Market https://www.ithacamarket.com . Depending on what people want, we can stop there and check it out. There is a landing spot.
Other sites along the inlet include the Cornell and Ithaca College boathouses. Wegmans is at the far end of the paddle (we likely will not make it that far). We will paddle as much of the Inlet as people desire and/or time allows and then head back to Stewart Park.
Paddling distance 2 to 4 miles. Approx. 3 hours.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE BE READY TO LAUNCH YOUR KAYAK AT 11 AM. We will be paddling mostly easy water. The only possible challenge is paddling around Lighthouse Point. However, there is a spot between the creek and inlet where we could easily cross (avoiding the point) should the lake waves make paddling a challenge.
- Kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET, whistle (unless you are renting)
- Hat, water shoes, clothes that can get wet (quick dry is best)
- Water for the paddle, food and drink for the picnic lunch
- Recommended: insect repellent, suntan lotion, camera in waterproof container, binoculars, band to secure your glasses or sunglasses
- Mask Optional - but you may want one when close to others, especially when helping/getting help unloading and loading of kayaks.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- Attendance may be limited
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees must mask indoors (including in vehicles) and maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator