Join us for our Winter Planning Meeting (with an online option), Lunch, and optional workshop and/or hike.
This event is open to all members (limit to 20 for attending in person).
We will be back in the conference room at the LNB Bank in Waterloo, with available Wi-Fi and kitchen.
10:30 am - Nature Photography Workshop
Join us for a workshop on nature photography. Find out what your camera can do and get off of AUTO. Learn basic techniques for capturing photographs in the outdoors. We will review composition, light, scenes, manual settings, and equipment. Most will apply to both phone and point-and-shoot cameras.
- Optional: bring any of your camera(s) if you'd like to look at your settings during the workshop. We will not be going out for practice.
- Please arrive early to get settled in your seat prior to 10:30 am. Knock on the door or text Sandy to let us know that you've arrived.
12:00 noon - Lunch and Socializing
- We will provide rotisserie chickens for the main course.
- Please bring a side dish, appetizer, or dessert to share.
- Please provide your own drinks.
1:00 pm - Planning Meeting
We'll be set up for those of you who opt to join us online. Please select the "Joining us Online" ticket type when registering so that you don't count towards our in-person limit. Links to the meeting will be sent in advance.
- Plan some wonderful winter and spring events for our region.
- Don't forget to bring your calendar and ideas for the next 3-4 months.
~2:30 pm - Hike the Ludovico Sculpture Trail
- Doreen will be leading this hike (weather permitting).
- This trail in Seneca Falls follows the Cayuga-Seneca Canal.
- This easy and mostly level walk is approximately 1.5 miles in length.
- We'll try to let you know trail conditions in advance, but be prepared for ice if temperatures are at or below freezing.
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- For the workshop, optionally bring a camera (see above) - not required.
- A side dish, appetizer, or dessert to pass. Please include a card with primary ingredients, especially if gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, sodium, nuts, etc. Know what you'd like to bring? Let us know when you register.
- Your trip ideas, calendar, and appetite.
- For the hike, optionally bring hiking poles and spikes in case of ice. Dress appropriately for the weather.
Address & directions will be in your registration confirmation email.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- At the trip leader’s discretion, some events may be limited to vaccinated only, or limit the number of attendees.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees may be asked mask indoors (including in vehicles) and may want to maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator