WOOF: Women Outdoors Online Funtimes
Join us for
My Experience on "Alone"
COMING TO YOU ON ZOOM
If you love the outdoors and/or you’re a fan of the show History Channel's ALONE, come hang with us as we talk about my experience during 46 days in the backcountry of Labrador with minimal equipment on season 9. Come with questions about my experience or other aspects of the show! We will touch on long-term survival tactics and strategies.
You can now watch Season 9 of "Alone" on Hulu!
Note: Zoom Meeting Details will be sent with your confirmation email
A former USAF S.E.R.E. Specialist (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape), Jessie Krebs has felt a strong connection with wild places since her childhood in Michigan. After the military she pursued a BA in educational psychology, directed team building courses, and worked in wilderness therapy for over a decade. She now runs a survival school based out of the Denver area and is enjoying teaching global survival skills to folks that actually want to learn them for a change! A survivor of childhood abuse she finds the outdoors to be healing and empowering, and thus enjoys encouraging others to explore it safely and with confidence.
In the last few years she’s been drawn into various media roles as a reality TV personality (History’s “ALONE: season 9” and National Geographic’s “Mygrations”) and online educator (MasterClass). She recently opened a school based in Colorado (OWLSSkills.com), which teaches the global survival and evasion techniques she learned and once taught in the military, to civilians with a focus on women and marginalized demographics.
There are more WOOF events coming up soon:
Dates to be determined:
- How to Plan and Prepare for Bucket List Adventures with Bunny Kramer
- Curveballs: A sharing session for how trip leaders for Women Outdoors and Appalachian Mountain Club, among other outdoor outing organizations, deal with trip-leading issues
Do you have a WOOF session you'd like to lead, with our support and Zoom account? Say...
- A virtual yoga session
- A cooking segment
- A slideshow on your fabulous vacation
- A session on winter hiking or other outdoor skills
- A session with the author of a great outdoors book
Alternatively, do you have a presenter you'd like to suggest?
Please don't hesitate to contact the WOOF organizers at WOOF@womenoutdoors.org.
And please make sure to attend our WOOF sessions. We look forward to Zooming with you!
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the host and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend, especially if there is an attendee limit for this event! Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance or other circumstances.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator