This event had to be cancelled because of a family emergency.
Join Shelly for this adventure in Warsaw, NY
Charming Warsaw, NY, offers a cornucopia of surprises: A Carnegie library (one of only two round libraries in NY); an emporium of candy, collectibles, flowers, and dishes in a single building (you’ve gotta see this); and a small but fascinating historical district. In the decades before the American Civil War, Warsaw was a center of abolitionist sentiment and activity. Several homes and churches are documented to have participated in the Underground Railroad.
Join us for fortifying waffles (or other breakfast goodies) at the Silver Lake Family Restaurant located at 105 West Buffalo St. in the center of Warsaw at 10:30 a.m. Then walk off those sweets with an amble down Main, a poke through the library (amazing interior), up a few blocks to see the historic houses, (moderate rise in this street), or forego the hill and spend some time in the artisans' emporium across from the library. Total walk for this portion is 2 miles round trip.
For those of you still aching for a challenge, there is a waterfall in Warsaw. Dependent on weather and ice conditions, to get to the waterfall, creek walking is required, as well as a ascent of about 50 yards from the large public park. Thus waterfall footwear is highly recommended. Anticipated depth of water is only a few inches. This total effort adds about 1 mile to the day’s activities.Bring:
- A Mask - may be needed depending on current conditions.
- Dress appropriately for the weather.
- Recommended for the waterfall: hiking poles, ice crampons or mini-spikes, waterproof boots, etc.
Are you vaccinated? Please let us know if you are vaccinated when you register. Your individual status will be kept private, but this info will help others decide if/when to mask up.
Adventurous WO members and their guests are enthusiastically encouraged to participate. (All must register on their own.)
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID rules are evolving:
- Some events are for paid members only - You can join now by clicking on Join Us.
- At the trip leader’s discretion, some events may be limited to vaccinated only, or limit the number of attendees.
- You must agree to our new COVID-19 Safety Agreement & Assumption of Risk Statement during the registration process.
- Masks and Physical Distancing: Attendees may be asked mask indoors (including in vehicles) and may want to maintain 6 feet social distancing outdoors.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator