Join us for our Spring/Summer Planning Meeting, Lunch, and optional hike and/or paddle.
This event is open to all members
We will be at Cayuga Lake State Park in Seneca Falls.
10:00 am - Arrival and Meet and Greet
- Arrive at park and find us in one of the pavilions.
- Note: the park is not yet collecting a fee, but also not reserving pavilions. We will get to the park early to grab one. So look for our Women Outdoors sign and then park in the main parking lot - more info below.
10:30 am - Planning Meeting
- Plan some wonderful spring and summer events for our region.
- Don't forget to bring your calendar and ideas for the next 3-4 months.
12:00 noon - Lunch and Socializing
- We'll provide the main course, most likely sandwich fixings.
- Please bring a side dish, appetizer, or dessert to share.
- Please provide your own drinks.
1:00 pm - Optional Activity
- Walk/Hike one of the trails around the park.
- Bring your own kayak and gear for a paddle on Cayuga Lake.
- A side dish, appetizer, or dessert to pass. Please include a card with primary ingredients, especially if gluten, dairy, soy, eggs, sodium, nuts, etc. Know what you'd like to bring? Let us know when you register.
- Your preferred beverage.
- Your trip ideas, calendar, and appetite.
- Water and possibly insect repellent.
- For the hike, optionally bring hiking poles. Dress appropriately for the weather.
- For the paddle - Your kayak, paddles, PFD/life jacket, waterproof bag for phone. Be prepared for cold water in the lake. Bring a kayak skirt if you have one.
Address & Directions - How to Find Us
Park Address: 2678 Lower Lake Rd, Seneca Falls, NY 13148
Enter the park from the main entrance at Willows Hill Rd and turn left to get to the main entrance and parking lot. Then continue North on foot. Or take Garden Street extension (North of Willows Hill) and just past the Boat Launch parking (park here if bringing your own kayak), turn right. We will try to get the pavilion by the water (marked 1 on the map to the right). If taken, look for us in the woods for the pavilion marked 2. Campground Map
Note: The large bathroom facilities at the lake are closed, but you can use either the one in the office (by main entrance and parking lot) or the one at the boat dock.
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
WO Trip Leaders can exercise discretion in terms of safety and preparedness for the events they lead, including more stringent vaccine, testing, or masking requirements.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator