CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER
Join Judy, Lynn, and Val for a spring paddle
Boats in the water at 11 a.m.
The snow is gone, the CNY waterways are beckoning. Time to dust off the paddles and the kayaks/canoes.
We will be paddling the Seneca River at Onondaga Lake Park, in Liverpool, NY. From the launch we will paddle around Klein Island to the Winds of Cold Springs Harbor Marina and Tiki Bar (a little over a mile). We will stop at Cold Springs Harbor for vittles, beverages, and music before paddling back to the launch site. For the return we can choose to return the same way, or complete the circle (likely for an additional mile).
Address and Directions:
Enter the park at the Cold Springs Entrance (it is the same entrance as the Wegmans Good Dog Park - 49 Cold Springs Trail, Liverpool, NY). The Onondaga Lake Park Public Canoe and Kayak Launch is just south of the Dog Park. When you enter at the Cold Springs-Dog Park entrance, drive to the left past the first parking lot. Follow the narrow road until you see the public access dock on the right.
Trip length: 11 a.m. to approx. 3 p.m.
Map of trip and other useful information: Erie Canal: Onondaga Lake and Syracuse Region (scroll down to page 138)
Unfortunately, we could not find any nearby kayak/canoe rentals at this site.
- Kayak/canoe, paddle, LIFE JACKET, whistle (unless you are renting)
- Hat, water shoes, clothes that can get wet (quick dry is best)
- Water for the paddle, food and drink for the picnic lunch
- Recommended: insect repellent, suntan lotion, camera/phone in waterproof container, binoculars, band to secure your glasses or sunglasses
- Optional: your own lunch/snack if you prefer not to purchase
Please refrain from attending if you have recently been ill or have COVID-like symptoms.
Address will be in your registration confirmation email.
The automatic confirmation email is the only email you will receive about this event. Be sure and save it or print it out.
COVID-19 Message WO Trip Leaders can exercise discretion in terms of safety and preparedness for the events they lead, including requiring compliance with vaccine, testing, and/or masking requirements.
*** RSVP and Cancellations – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ ***
Please respect the trip leader and other members and update your RSVP if you sign-up but then are unable to attend. Events may be cancelled due to lack of attendance, as well as changes in weather or other circumstances. If you must cancel at the last minute, call or text the event host/trip leader (see your registration confirmation for contact details) and let her know who it is who is calling/texting. Be sure to copy down the address, directions, and trip leader contact information to bring with you as there might not be good cell service at the event location.
To Cancel: Go to your Registration List
- Click on this event in your list
- Click on the Already registered link under the REGISTER button.
- At the next page that opens with your registration form, click on the CANCEL REGISTRATION button, and then again click on Cancel Registration on the pop-up form.
- Ignore the link to contact the administrator